CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

WAIT

by James Riddick

There is so much in life to look forward to, so many places to see, so many things to do
You see, Innocence is more blissful than ignorance, as some state
As the temptation becomes great, Dear child, I say WAIT
WAIT young men, I say WAIT, you’re a child of the King
Why risk you future and possibly your soul? For one intimate fling
Having a child before marriage, struggle will certainly be your fate
To fight hormonal rage, which is great
Seek God’s face, I say WAIT
Wait young women, I say WAIT, Yes, I am talking to you, too
Worry about the “F” you got in English
Instead of worrying about who’s talking to your boo!
I would hate to see you seal your fate, crying over being late
When peer pressure is great, Dear child, please WAIT
Parents, society’s example should not dictate
The standard by which OUR kids are raised
Raise our children HIS way
Teach our future to WAIT

Being confident of this very thing, that HE who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. -Philippians 1:6

0 comments: