CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Food For Thought: Quite healthy too!!!

by Christoph J.

I cling to the things that make me happy, naturally. I mean... that may seem cliche but some people mistake happiness for satisfaction. Satisfaction can be obtained in a very short period of time. However, I believe happiness evolves from and revolves around the things in our everyday life. Unfortunately, many people choose to indulge in the things that will almost guarantee them instant gratification but sacrifice the things and people that will bring them happiness for a longer period of time. Don't get me wrong, I have been guilty of such sins but if my words have the ability to develop wings of encouragement, I hope they take flight in someone's life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People often times fail to realize that happiness pails in comparison to joy. To have real joy, true joy, constant happiness in all things and aspects of ones life is so much harder to fathom, b/c not many people have it and the only way to get it is thru Jesus. So we strive for happiness because for some, it's easier than taking it to "The Man up Above". It's alot easier to believe in what is tangible than a God we can't "see".


I am definitely going to be a fan of your blog...and I most definitely look forward to the "Potentness"(lol) that is to come!

Unknown said...

Ro Ro, you have quite a bit of potency in the words that you speak. With your permission, I would like to post your comment along with a poem that parallels the weight of your comment.

Thank you for your insight! God bless you!

Natarsha said...

The satisfaction that makes us happy provides instant gratification that is only temporary. It's something about doing the wrong thing that feels good, but again once we realize that we are wrong for doing the wrong thing that brings for that temporary gratification we quickly learn that we desire a deeper more long term happiness that can only come from God and not man.

Unknown said...

Very true! Everything that is good to you ain't always good for you. Believe me, I know!