CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Not By Myself!

by Christoph J.

I oughta' be ashamed of myself
How could I go out there and try to change myself
God has ordered my steps and I tried to rearrange myself
I blame myself

Because I knew all along that I could have asked God for help
I was so busy tryin' to make a name for myself
Out there tryin' to play the game of life and messed around and gamed myself
I thought I was finally free, but I chained myself
In the world, wilin' out, now Im tryin' to tame myself
I believed that I was fit, but I crippled, crutched and caned my health
I received so much money, but yet I still restrained my wealth
There is no way I can even begin to explain my myself
I shamed myself


God, I pray that you help me to see that I can reclaim myself
Wash me clean of all sin because I stained myself
I will give you all of the credit Lord and defame myself
I proclaim myself a child of God

6 comments:

Natarsha said...

It is so funny, when we know we doing the wrong thing we still feel like we are doing something right, but it isn't until something drastic happens that we realize that we need to do something about the mess we are in.

Unknown said...

Speak on it! If that ain't the truth... You need to submit a piece, for real. I know you got it in you.

Natarsha said...

I will submit a potent piece...lol

Unknown said...

I can't wait!

SHE_UNIQUE said...

Loved this!

Potent Praise said...

@she_unique- I thank you! Question; do you write? Would love for you to submit a piece. Whatever you feel. I'm coming by to visit your blog. I'll make sure I wipe my feet at the door. lol