CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sought Potential

by Christoph J.

My mind is a canister filled with ink/ My thoughts take a timid dip the moment I think of my potential/ The pen is the preferred utensil/ The use of a pencil would lead to the temptation to erase the tread marks of my thoughts/ I cannot risk forgetting the lessons that I was taught/ As I climb life’s steps, I grasp the banister/ At times my pride releases my grip/ And then my canister begins to tip/ Causing my ink to slowly drip/ Drops of ink land on this paper/ With traces of my thoughts, the ink begins to taper/ Leaving behind italicized text in the form of a poem/ Its context stands on end as if it tempts me to comb through my life’s kinks/ HE thinks I shine/ Curiosity of my potential leads me to continue to climb and climb/But sometimes the hand of time refuses to shake my hand in agreement/ So I carve my name in the cement of patience/

Right now, I want you to do the same and carve your name in that same cement of patience and anticipate the continuation of this poem. Patience is indeed a virtue.

4 comments:

Sharon shares said...

First of all, we share a last name my brother. Secondly, you carry the full name of my baby brother. Third and definitely NOT least of all, I for one love the PEACE of your poetry though I will do as you ask and leave with the peace and not a piece ;)

I see I found my way here just in time for the Premiere! Now I've got to go link you so that I am sure not to miss any of the coming attractions.

Please keep using your voice my newfound brother!

Unknown said...

WOW! Are you serious?! That is amazing. Your baby brother and I have the same name?! Beautiful! I am glad you made it by for the premiere. It is not coincidence that you came by. Do you write poetry or even better, do you have testimony that you would like to share with other? Please let me know. I would love to read a piece. I will stop by your page for sure.

Natarsha said...

Patience is definitely learned. I love how you used the pen and ink to illustrate the anticipation of what is to come.

Unknown said...

Thank you Natarsha! Look here, I can't wait until Thursday, when Potent Praise is launched. I'm gettin' ready!