CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Speak To My Heart


by Christoph J.

Lord,

Teach me how to pray, effectively
I mean, at church, we pray together collectively

But I am speaking of a personal prayer,
On a deeper layer that connects to the core of the relationship that we share.

I was told to be sincere the next time I came to you,
To make sure my mind was clear and to lay claim to you.

My heart yearns for a spiritual conversation.
The lack of communication fuels my frustration.

I've recognized that my faith is fragile
Maybe it's because my sins are agile

Lord, I pray that you accept my repentance
I know that, for my sins, you accepted that death sentence

And on that third day, you rose again
I will say it aloud and even with this pen

SPEAK TO MY HEART!!!

Lord, I'm listenin'

AMEN!

4 comments:

Natarsha said...

AMEN, to that!

Anonymous said...

These words are very moving!

Unknown said...

@Natarsha- God is good all the time! All the time, God is good!

@Pearl B.- Thank you very much. Congrats on the soon-to-be-born baby!

Natarsha said...

Yesir!