CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

How Could You?

by Natarsha N. Wright

How could you love someone like me?

How could you accept me for who I am?

For the person I was

For that time I put my ways before yours

For that time I followed the crowd

For that time I lied

For that time I stole

For that time I cheated

For that time I slipped into depression

For that time I tried to commit suicide

For that time I let him have his way with me

For that time I had an abortion

For that time I believed that I would be nothing without him

For that time I cursed you and mocked your name

For that time I put my job before you

For that time I put my money before you

For that time I couldn’t have my way

For that time I said, I’d never and I did

For that time I didn’t trust you

For that time I didn’t believe

For that time I didn’t have hope

For that time I didn’t have faith

For that time I told you, if you do this one thing for me, I will…

For that time I didn’t believe you would make a way out of no way

For that time I didn’t forgive myself when you had already forgiven me

For that time, and this time, and…

HOW COULD YOU? GOD, GOD do you hear me, do you even see me, according to James 4:7, I submit myself to you O, God, I resist the devil and HE MUST FLEE! He only came to dominate and have his way with me, manipulate and torment me, say it with me, "THE DEVIL MUST FLEE", "I am strong and of good courage, I do not fear nor am I afraid, for the Lord my God, He is the one who goes with me. He will not leave me nor forsake me."~Deuteronomy 31:6

3 comments:

Natarsha said...

God's love is unchanging. He is the only consistent and faithful thing in my life. His grace and mercy is sufficient enough for me, but it wasn't until I purged myself of all of those things that God did not intend for me that I was to see that he has a life for me that goes beyond anything I can conceive. I am excited about where and what God has in store for me...and it is something only he can give.

Potent Praise said...

POTENT!

No matter how many times we miss the mark, he his always there to pick us up and dust off, so we can learn from our mistakes and not repeat them again and live the life he has intended for us to live!

Unknown said...

I'm feelin this to no end.