CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

If I Get 1 More Chance...

by Diana Ramsey


Today, I woke up feeling like I shouldn’t. 'Cause yesterday I still didn’t give all of myself to the "Most High". God, I know I disappoint you. The way I pray before I go to sleep and when I wake up, means less and less because I continue to do the things I know, from your mouth to my ear, what is wrong. I fornicate, curse, drink, and have not fully committed my life to you. I find myself being angry at the person in the mirror. The more scriptures I read, the more evident the presence of you should be in my life. If I get 1 more chance, I will praise you to those who won’t listen. But I'm laying here praying for that chance, God. So now, I lay down to sleep and if I get another chance, I’ll keep trying harder and harder each day to walk in your steps, God; for you wake me up everyday for one...more...chance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This. Is. So. Real. This reminds me so much of Paul's cries in Romans 7.

Natarsha said...

Yes, it is very real..it reminds me of what I was reading this week in 1 Cor 2:5, "that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God". That one more chance may just be the last chance we have to get right..nice post!

Ticia said...

Amen for this!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same thing... If I could get one more chance to get it right, which is easier said than done.

"Don't try....DO!"

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for reading my Poem. Its nice to know im not the only one feeling like this at times. I dont make excuses for myself, so all i can say is i am and will be a continuous work in progress. Thanks for all the comments.......Live...Love..Life.
Diana Ramsey

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for reading my Poem. Its nice to know im not the only one feeling like this at times. I dont make excuses for myself, so all i can say is i am and will be a continuous work in progress. Thanks for all the comments.......Live...Love..Life.
Diana Ramsey

Unknown said...

Lookinf forward to your next submission Diana. Lovin' your work.